Thursday, April 7, 2011

When God Closes A Door...

Rocking that...bowl cut?
    One of my favorite movies of all time is The Sound of Music, for so very many reasons. Julie Andrews is super awesome and pretty even with her rather interesting haircut, Christopher Plummer looks like an absolute fox in his fitted suit, Rolf is also very nice looking, there are puppets, there is singing outside amidst the hills, and of course a huge wedding with an awesome organ song. It's also extremely quotable and applicable to everyday life such as the quote: "Whenever God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window." Maria says this as she is leaving the abbey to go be the governess to 7 children, but today it happened to me.
      I was happily on my way to practice organ in the music building, minding my own business. Thoughts of rainbows and sunshine were prancing through my brain as it was finally nice outside, even after the sun went down. The bright fluorescents of the music building shimmered on the polished floor as I made my way past the practice rooms. I stopped outside the organ practice room and slowly bent toward the door to make sure no one else was practicing. Hearing no jubilant sounds of organ music I placed my hand on the doorknob and turned...to my surprise the door did not yield to my will. It also did not yield to my will the next three times I tried it, even though I pushed my weight against it and heaved a few sighs. I bent my head in sadness and slowly made my way to a different practice room to work on my voice lesson songs.
I feel her pain
     This is the first time I have ever found the door to the organ practice room locked, and there is a good reason for that. Posted on the door is a sign that says "DO NOT LOCK THIS DOOR" it also says some more things about not leaving the door open, but mostly we need to focus on the DO NOT LOCK THE DOOR part. I understand someone locking the door if they are illiterate, I mean come on, they can't read the sign no matter how big the letters are but I'm assuming the person who locked the door was fully literate. This assumption being made, now it is time to figure out why the door was locked.
    Some Theories on Why the Door Was Locked
1. Some person was inconsiderate and locked it to be mean
2.The administration has had enough of our organ antics and shut us down
3.Albanian dwarfs need it to conduct experiments with
4.The animals living in the organ needed to be replaced because they went out of tune
5.The Anti-Organist Alliance (AOA) received funding to replace the lock and throw away the key
6.Someone has started living in the practice room and it was bedtime
7.It is a known entrance to Narnia and Mr. Tumnis is sick of everyone teasing him about his scarf
8.Someone accidentally melted the organ through shear mind power...and doesn't want to reveal themselves
9.Artists are painting a mural of Norman Rockwell and need absolute concentration
10.French mimes are slowly silencing the world and had to start with an organ
11.Misconstruing the term "organ donor" someone brought it to a hospital
12.The organ finally made its escape and is now headed home to Germany(or wherever it was from)

    Now not all these theories are viable, I mean, who would be so inconsiderate as to lock the door just to be mean? I think I've got it narrowed down to the AOA or Mr. Tumnis, but one can never be sure when organ door vandilization is at stake. Perhaps I shall never know why the door was locked, or who locked it, what I do know that somewhere there is an open window and it has now become my life's goal to find it. I have high hopes for this window, and I'm assuming Julie Andrews will be the one to lead me there.
The view from the window Julie will lead me to

No comments:

Post a Comment