Friday, September 30, 2011

When I'm a Real Grown Up

FOUR PEOPLE!
     This whole week I've been sick, and in my phlegm and fever induced haze I've been thinking a lot about what  it will be like to be a real adult. What really started it off was Monday morning, when I had to contact 4 people to let them know I would not be coming to class/work that day. FOUR PEOPLE! By the time I got to the last phone call I couldn't help but wonder if I was really sick enough to contact FOUR PEOPLE and tell them of my invalid status. By that night I figured I didn't need to contact one more person and I was going to go to my musical rehearsal. I thought maybe I would be able to sweat off my sickness, but no such luck. It is extremely frustrating to be sick and not a real grown up, because if I had a grown up job I would only have to contact one person to tell them I was sick. In order to paint you a better picture of what my adult life will be like, I have written this story in the fashion of a children's book.
     When Kersti Marie woke up one day, she went about her grown up way. She brushed her teeth and combed her hair, there was no homework anywhere. No plays to dissect and no class to attend, if she wanted she knew she'd have time with a friend. 
Perhaps one day...
     Her job took all day and sometimes went late, but with no homework to do she always felt great. When she got home she had time to clean, and even completed before 8:15. When she was in college she didn't have time, and never finished her cleaning by 9. One day in school she came home very late, and decided to vacuum at 10:58. Her cat was not happy didn't like it one bit, and so on her carpet a hairball did spit. Now that she's grown and home with more time, her cat gets attention and never does whine.
     In college no time for meals so fancy, instead she feasted on Chef Boyardee. Nowadays she can spend her time, in cooking fine meals and drinking fine wine. When she returns from a long day at work, her exercise plan she never does shirk. When her time is not taken with group work and papers, she has time to assign to her fun reading capers. 
     Her schoolwork behind her she looks with repose, on her college days when she was kept on her toes. With fondness she sees all the late nights with friends, and walks down her memory lanes once again. Then with horror she sees the day she was sick, when she had to contact FOUR PEOPLE.
                                                                        The End

ps.I like college, it's fun...but I wish I had more time in my day.
College is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment